This position is not available

Unfortunately, this position is no longer accepting applications. For more opportunities, please visit our Join the Team page!

Listening to Leaders (LTL) Survey Team Internship

The Listening to Leaders team at AidData is now accepting applications for Spring 2021 internships. AidData's Listening to Leaders program collects 360 degree feedback on development priorities, progress, and performance from the perspective of leaders in low- and middle-income countries. We research convergence and divergence in priorities; barriers and opportunities to advance reforms; performance of development partners; and evidence-informed policymaking. Check out our program page for past reports and datasets.

Interns will play a significant role in the implementation of the next Listening to Leaders survey. Interns will spend 75% of their time updating the sampling frame by identifying the names, positions, and contact information of leaders working in government, development organizations, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, and academia. The remaining 25% will be spent on sampling frame cleaning and preparing dissemination material of survey results, among other tasks.

Motivated and organized William & Mary students of any major are encouraged to apply. Interest in International Relations and/or fluency or proficiency in a foreign language are a plus. Interns will work unpaid for their first 60 hours and are then eligible to become research assistants paid at $8/hr. Interns and research assistants are expected to work at minimum 10 hours per week in the spring. This internship will be remote for the spring semester. For further information, please contact Kelsey Marshall at

Application Instructions

To apply, please email your resume to Kelsey Marshall at with “Full Name: Spring 2021 Listening to Leaders” in the subject line, and submit this application form: AidData 2020 Spring LTL Internship Application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.

Equal Employment Opportunity Statement

The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.