Come work with AidData as they pioneer new methods of data collection and analysis. As a Software Development Assistant, you will work closely with the Deputy Director of Data and IT Solutions for the Policy Analysis unit at AidData to support various teams in their data collection efforts. You will develop data collection tools and websites to improve the efficiency of exploratory analysis, data collection, storage and presentation of data. You will get hands-on experience with many different programming languages, databases, machine learning and more.
Software Development Assistants (SDAs) are expected to work for a minimum of 30 hours per week during the Summer 2024 semester (unless you are taking a class). The starting pay rate is $15 per hour. All interns must be based in the U.S. to be hired into paid positions.
- Determine feasibility of software requirements through research, evaluation, analysis and development of software designs.
- Develop software solutions using the software development lifecycle.
- Provide documentation for environments and solutions through diagrams, code comments, clear code and readmes.
- Store software solutions and documentation in GitHub or GitLab.
- Perform thorough testing of developed software solutions.