Come work with AidData’s Transparent Development Footprints (TDF) team as they pioneer new methods to track development investments made by non-Western governments like China, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. As a Software Development Assistant, you will work closely with the TDF Software Lead and other AidData staff to develop various websites and data collection tools. You will get hands on experience with Java, Node.js, React, Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and more.
This position is open to current students (William & Mary and other schools) and is a paid position at $12/hr. This position will be remote, and will be expected work a minimum of 10 hrs/wk (not to exceed 29 hrs/wk). Applications are due by August 21st.
- Determine feasibility of software requirements through research, evaluation, analysis and development of software designs.
- Develop software solutions (full stack) using the software development lifecycle.
- Provide documentation for environments and solutions through diagrams, code comments, clear code and readmes.
- Store software solutions and documentation in GitHub.
- Perform thorough testing of developed software solutions.